Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pumpkin Patch & Bonfire





We went to the pumpkin patch this weekend near Clever, just about 10 minutes from our house, with my Cole family. We rode on a hayride to the pumpkin patch and picked out pumpkins. The kids then got to go paint their pumpkins. We then had a bonfire, you can rent bonfires there and bring all your own food. We all then went through the corn maze when it was pitch black. Garrett was scared to death in the maze, especially after his Uncle Jim jumped out of the corn in front of him, he didn't realize that he had been so afraid. It was a really fun night. All us Missouri family should get together and do this next year, I know this one is further away for most of you though. Here are a few pictures. You can see my dad and stepmom and my grandma and grandpa (my dad's parents) in the group picture.
Friday night, Kevin and I went on a date with Brandi and Jim to Branson to the BODIES exposition. I have been wanting to see the exhibit since I saw it in Las Vegas last summer, but we didn't go then. It was really amazing, it was nice having Dr. Jim there with us, we had our own personal guide! I wanted to let all the MO family know how neat it was. It's supposed to be there through the end of the year, but I heard this weekend that they're pulling out early. I don't think it's done as well as they expected in Branson. You can see what it's all about if you google BODIES. It's real human bodies and organs preserved on display. I know it sounds creepy but it's really amazing. You can even see every stage of a real developing fetus, that was probably the most fascinating to me, to see how much they grown in even a week's time. You can't go see all of that and not believe there is a God.






5 comments:

jarvid14 said...

This looks so fun. I love that they even let you do a bonfire. I have been really wanting to take my kids to a pumpkin patch. Hailey is so freaking cute. I love the pics of her. Garrett is super cute as well. It looks like they had so much fun.

jarvid14 said...

I also must say that I truly miss the Missouri fall sunsets. I think I am biased because it is my birthday month, but they truly are unbelievable.

rlranch said...

What a fun activity for all of you and the extended family.

Unknown said...

Hey you guys-you either have a GREAT camera that takes really good pictures or your kids are the cutest things I've ever seen!! Hee! I was showing Cameron's girlfriend today these pictures and she couldn't believe how darn cute your kids were! While we were at the cabin I kept calling them Kevin and Jaimee! (That's how she spells her name) I told them today why I kept screwing up Cameron's name! I totally associate that name with Kevin! And she is awesome-she actually reminds me a lot of you!! We love her and you!

kassie said...

We need to get together before halloween because I am missing you guys! Maybe Spooktacular?! Let me know!