Thursday, October 18, 2007

Baylie's Birthday




Just a note to update you on the latest from our family. We had a great time celebrating Baylie's birthday with both friends and family. Then, right after her birthday, Baylie came down with the flu! She missed 4 days of school -- her first day back was yesterday. On Sunday, I got the flu and barely made it to work today -- I can only blog from the office due to our less-than-stellar internet connection at home.
I thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of the honey we got from our hives this year -- we got one gallon and we're hoping to get four gallons next year. Gary's like the Little Red Hen who does all the work and we're the ones who just want to eat the honey when it's in a jar.
I promised Donna I'd get a picture of Richard & Yvonne's fireplace hearth and send it, but between sicknesses and General Conference, I haven't made it over there yet. Donna, I haven't forgotten -- I'll be sure to post it once I finally make it over there to take the picture.
My Dad is having a port put in today and begins chemotherapy on Monday. His cancer has spread to his lymph nodes, liver, pancreas, and other organs. I am going to St. George Nov 6th-13th to visit and to help.
I love seeing what you are up to -- it looks like everyone is keeping busy!

5 comments:

MEJ said...

Baylie, Andi loves the Littlest Pet Shop too. And that honey is awesome!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Baylie!! Wow! You are nine now!! Can't believe the baby of your family is already 9!! Life sure goes by fast! I can't believe all that honey! That is so cool!

rlranch said...

We can tell you that the honey is great, since Gary shared a jar with us. He wants to get chickens, also. I said he must be skipping our generation and going back to Grandpa.

The girls are growing up--no little kids left at their house, anymore.

jarvid14 said...

Happy birthday to Baylie!! Hope you had a great day.

Kas - Sorry about your dad. That is so hard. It will be so good that you are going to be able to come out and spend some time with him. Hope that you can all get feeling better as well. It is always miserable when there is sickness in the house.

Jaime said...

I'm glad Baylie had such a great birthday. I meant to tell you Saturday that I think it's so cool about the honey! You'll have to go see Bee Movie!