Thursday, October 11, 2007

Duck Hunt






This past weekend we went to Torrey, UT. I had never been there before nor heard of it, but it is right at the start to Capital Reef National Park. I would have to say that it is probably the most beautiful part of Utah I have ever been to. It was so pretty especially with all the fall colors. It was really cold and the one day we had snow squalls, but we still had a great time. We actually went down for the duck hunt, which I don't really approve of. We took our trailer and went with Robbie's family. Billy brought a friend as well. I guess because of how the mountains come together right in that area it forms a natural flyway for ducks. The kids and I did not actually participate in the duck hunting part. Robbie's parents are really into geo-caching. So we went on two geo-cache expeditions on the four-wheelers. It was really fun and the kids love it because they think they are looking for treasure. Most of the geo-caches have little treasures in them. We had a great time. We were able to get conference in our trailer while down there so that was nice as well. We also saw three rainbows on our way down there. I feel like rainbows are lucky and since we have seen quite a few lately that means good luck.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Donna, you and Jana both look like you're always having so much fun!! I love these pictures. I can't believe the beautiful rainbow pictures we've seen from you lately. The kids are so cute bundled up in their coats, it's refreshing having some cooler weather here but I'm dreading the real cold stuff. Thanks for posting comments on my posts too, it's fun to read comments.

rlranch said...

You guys all are doing fun stuff with your families. Do you feel like you had a hard childhood?! Glad you are getting these opportunities now.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much Shayla is growing up!! Yikes- I feel like it has been tooo long since we have seen each other. I sure do miss not being around ALL my nieces and nephews! I REALLY do think we have the cutest group of little cousins I have ever seen in any family. We sure do produce the cutest kids!! Hee!

kassie said...

Cute Donna -- your kids are getting so big!

rlranch said...

Robbie,you can come and hunt turkey on our place sometime--if you want to. I know most of the fun is being together with your family and the other hunters, though. Great scenery in the background.