Monday, October 15, 2007

Mining is not my thing!




We drove to Bisbee, Arizona which is about 20 miles from the Mexico line to go visit an underground mine called Queen Mine. It is no longer in operation but the tour guides have stuck around to give tours and to explain how they used to work in these mines. It was a little claustrophobic for me-but the tour guide had some amazing information and I thought it was interesting. One of the ladies did freak out as we were riding on the train rail-going in. We had only made it 100 ft. and she started yelling she had to get off! She ended up walking out. I thought about it a time or two and realized I could NEVER have been a miner! The last picture is with me and the guys at the OK Corral. They are supposed to be Morgan, Virgil Earp and the one holding onto my arm is Doc Holliday. Wyatt Earp had to leave after the shootout to go sell more tickets or he would have been there as well. That picture took place in Tombstone, AZ where we went after we left Bisbee. It is only 30 miles north of Bisbee and on our way back to Tucson.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

rlranch said...

Dad and I went to Tombstone once but haven't ever been to Bisbee. My uncle was a bishop in the ward not too far from Bisbee, but in Mexico not Arizona. Just to show it is a small world, when Uncle Burl was on his mission in Mexico, he served in that town and knew my aunt and uncle there. (Carl Beecroft now 95 years old) His wife, Aunt Helen May is a relative of Aunt Beverly's, but of course at that time, Uncle Burl didn't know Aunt Beverly or me either for that matter.

kassie said...

Looks like the wild, wild west, Jana -- and a lot of fun!

Martins said...

Hope your honeymoon (I'm assuming that's what this was) was great -- finally!!! Miss you

Heather

Ryanna said...

So you went there that is sooo cool!

jarvid14 said...

Looks like you had a great trip. I cannot believe that Ron actually got you on a horse though. The mine looks like it would be a really cool place to see.