Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kindergarten is a waste of time!

Per Jana's request, I'll tell you about Garrett's comment about kindergarten, I think a lot of the family here already heard this on Sunday, so sorry. I picked up Garrett on Friday, after his 3rd day of school. I asked him how his day was and he replied that he didn't like kindergarten (which I knew wasn't true, he's liking school) so I asked him why. He stated very adamently that "it 'wastes' my time!" He said "I don't get to play a lot, they make me work a lot". Due to the extreme heat and then the rain on Monday, he didn't have outside recess until jjust yesterday so it was no fun for him, so he's liking it better now. I also have to tell you that he learned what a "widgie" is. He came home and asked Hailey if she wanted to know what a widgie was. He proceeded to give her a wedgie, that's what he meant!
I posted a comment to Rachel so make sure she reads the note from us.
Merrilee, Garrett's pics come back tomorrow so I'll be mailing them out soon. Tanner's 1 yr pictures were so cute too!
Kevin (and 2 of our neighbors) put up a new basketball goal for Garrett tonight for 2 hours, he's very excited. He's going to play basketball at The Courts in Spfld this fall with his buddy Evann.
We had a great visit with Donna and Robbie's family. I wish Garrett and Cade could have played more together, Cade called Garrett "Eric" and Garrett called Cade "Caden" the whole time so it was pretty humorous. Cade and Shayla are so cute. I should have invited them out Mon night but I didn't want them to feel like they needed to drive all the way out and spend any of their short time over here. I should've at least invited them though.
See ya later

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay that is tooo cute! I hope you are writing down all these cute things Garrett says. He has always said the funniest, most grown up things! I love it! Thanks for sharing the story-I can't wait to tell my kids.

jarvid14 said...

We had so much fun getting to see your family. Cade loved Garrett. It is so fun to get to be together with family and see your cousins. We had a great time in Missouri. The time always seems to go too fast. I really appreciate you coming out to visit as much as you did. I know that it can be a bit of a drive.