Friday, December 31, 2010

The Donut Chef


They got to hold dough balls and see the machine
After the tour eating donuts they frosted themselves
Emma, Broc, & Tanner putting sprinkles on their donuts
What a fun way to enjoy the school break!

We have a library book about a Donut Chef. I was reading it last week and Tanner asked "Mom, what's a glazed donut?". I realized we never buy donuts or go to donut shops so I arranged a tour of the local Krispy Kreme with some of Tanner's friends. They got to make their own donuts. It was so fun!

5 comments:

Garrett & Hailey said...

So cute Nicole! What a GREAT idea! Only your son would not know what a donut was! lol (good for you!) He is growing up and so adorable.

lytj said...

They look like they had a great time. Do you think donuts will replace oreos as his favorite "treat food"?!

Nicole said...

That's a hard question. I just asked Tanner and he said a chocolate sprinkled donut is better than an oreo. :-) We'll ask again in a month and it will probably change.

MEJ said...

I'm with Tanner. I like chocolate sprinkled donuts better than oreos too. (but that's probably not saying much, since oreos have never been my favorite, and I know they're Tanner's) :)

Unknown said...

What a GREAT idea...I used to do these things for my kids before I became a FULL-TIME working mom! Ohhhh the good ole' days...enjoy every single one of them!