Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lucky Day in DC




The DC Marine Corp Marathon sold out in 2 days in April. So how did I run it ???? Crazy!!! I was in the airport on Thursday when I realized it was the weekend of the marathon. So I took Tanner to the expo on Friday while Dave was in class just to shop. When lo and behold I overheard a man in a business suit say his secretary was injured and he had her number. He gave it to me (worth $100), I got it changed over in my name and ran the 5th largest races in the country just 8 days after I ran KC. You only live once, though. It was crazy fun.

We had so much fun on our trip. When Dave gets home (he has the camera still) I'll be able to post more pictures. That was the funnest vacation I've ever had, even without the marathon. It was so fun to be with Dave & Tanner and do so many fun things with no stress. Our hotel was right next to everything we needed and the extra money from Dave's travel account covered all of our food and more. Plus, the Hilton gave Dave access to the "exec lounge" which always had food and drinks, so we had a little free buffet at the hotel for snacks and drinks.
I put a bunch of pics on my blog and I'm sure Dave will want to post more.

2 comments:

Merrilee said...

Sweet, Nicole! That is so awesome that you got to run it.

lytj said...

What a great opportunity for you to all be able to share in David's Washington, DC experience--and glad that it turned out so well.