Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Columbia Marathon





We had so much fun in Columbia this weekend with Todd & Nora!! I ran the "Heart of America Marathon" on Labor Day and finished as the 2nd female. It's a really small marathon, only about 130 people, no awards or anything. But I felt great and it was a nice race. We ran on gravel roads and the Missouri Katy Trail and some hills that were so steep everyone walked up them (I've never seen that before). It was 73 degrees at the 6:00 am start. A very beautiful race that took us by the river bluffs.
The best part of the weekend was seeing Tanner & Nora play together. They played like best friends for 2 days straight! No disputes over toys or anything! It was unbelieveable. Nora shares her toys VERY well and Todd was a great host. He's got quite the pad - it was like heaven for Tanner because mom wasn't trying to keep it picked up :-). I just wish they lived closer because Tanner adors "Nowa".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Nicole!!! You never brag-but it is amazing what you do-I can't even run 50 meters so I'm always impressed! The cute little ones are so fun to see growing up! That is how cousins are-best friends from the moment they get together! We do love cousins!!

jarvid14 said...

Congratulations!! I loved getting to see the pictures. Congrats to your parents to on their mission call. Tanner and Nora are both getting so big. I am so glad that they had so much fun together.

Unknown said...

I didn't hear about the mission call-where are they going and when?

MEJ said...

Congrats, Nicole! And I'm glad that Nora and Tanner had so much fun. Cousins are great!