Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We're Still Around

Hi Everybody,
It seems that our lives have been such a blur lately that I wanted to let you know that we're still alive and kickin here in Nixa. Actually, my memory card reader is broken so I haven't been able to upload any pictures lately, I guess I need to get that situation fixed. I have a lot of pictures I want to show you. After my trip to Atlanta earlier in the month we had a busy week. Hailey had her first haircut (YES - she is 3 and just now getting her first haircut!) It's a cute pixie cut and is adorable. Unfortunately, mom can't fix it as cute as the stylists but working on it. It would help if I had a flat iron (I don't own one of those), another item for my shopping list. Then 2 days later Hailey had her first surgery. Well, it was just dental work like Garrett had done when he was about her age, but she was put under general anesthesia at the hospital, which made me a nervous wreck. Kevin thinks it's ridiculous that we get that done for them, but I'm funny about teeth. She only had cavities to have filled but I wanted to nip it before it got worse. Garrett hasn't had a cavity in the past 2 1/2 years since his teeth were done (I know not as clean of a record as Yvonne!), he just had a check up. All of Hailey's teeth were great except the top front ones, which is what everybody sees! I know, so vain! She did well and except for a tough day on Friday while the anesthesia was metabolising, she's fine. Kev and I went on a date Sat night, ate at Chilis and saw "Bucket List" - GREAT movie, you've got to see it. It was funny, my parents happened to be at the same movie at the same time so we sat by them. My sisters, Callie & Emily, babysat so stayed the night at our house like they do a lot.
Kevin started back to school, he's juggling classes, studying, working and being a husband and daddy - and is doing a great job. We miss him at nights now, he usually works from 3-8 after his classes each day except for Tuesdays when he has anatomy lab. He even works Saturdays too. The kids have been used to having him pick them up after school since I take them in the mornings, and they complained for a while that daddy wasn't picking them up any longer! (I think he just lets them get away with more :) so I'm the mean one.) I'm too busy at work, primary is great, that's about my life. I know I've gone on and on, but I just wanted to say hi. Sorry if you read all of this. I'll try to get some pics up soon. We love you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jaime,
It was great to hear from you!! I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't heard from you guys in awhile. The kids were looking at Garret on the refrigerator and had to ask me who that was-I was sad to think they don't know there cousins better! Feel bad we live so far away. Can you believe that Ron also has never had a cavity?!? How is that possible? Good job for keeping up on that-dentist work can get so outrageously expensive so with 4 kids it is hard for me to keep up on. Just went yesterday with Chris and was happy we only had one cavity but now have to start the orthodontics work-boy is his teeth crooked!!

MEJ said...

Jaime,
I'm glad that Hailey's surgery went well. I'm excited to see pictures of her new haircut. Do you guys have a new family picture? I was looking at your picture on our fridge recently, thinking that we need a new one. :) Scott heard that Bucket List was good too, so we'll have to see it sometime.

Unknown said...

Jaime, I am sad that you left such a terrible comment, you were one of my favorite sister in laws. After the comment of Packers "who ever they are" I am heart broken, and in mourning after the loss to the NY Giants. We love the Packers it just isn't a football team but a way of life. But anyways I forgive you. LOL you know I am kidding right. Your funning. LOL

Ron