Sunday, September 23, 2007

Projects...........





So Jana talked me into painting again. She had a dream while she was doped up after her surgery about my house. I actually listened to her and took her advice. I wanted to show her how it turned out. I just did the entryway into my house. I really like it. Jana first suggested one color to me and it looked good in the store, but not so good in my house. So I painted it once. Then completely redid it with primer and the whole works. I did the faux paint. I have been really wanting to give it a try and I am really glad that I did. I also changed out the light fixture. I will have you know that it was me and not Robbie that changed it. I was quite impressed with myself. It was quite a bit of work for one weekend. Robbie did help with the kids on Saturday morning so I could do the faux part of my painting. It probably would not have got done without his help. I am posting the pictures of the first color I did and then how it turned out in the end.

3 comments:

rlranch said...

The walls look great and the children's pictures hanging on the walls are beautiful--even though Cade wouldn't like me to call him beautiful--only Cade.

Jaime said...

Donna, wow, what a great job! I'm very impressed. Can't wait to someday see it in person! I would love to do something like that!

Unknown said...

Okay, the funny thing is-I liked the color I picked out. Not on Donna's wall-what she did was way better for her house and I think it turned out AWESOME! The matting of her pictures and her rug helped bring out the colors of her faux paint job!! Love it! However, I am still sticking to the paint color (with a little more deep golden yellow) for my hallway leading into my green striped bathroom!! Sorry I led you astray Donna! Hee!!